Location:   ADRIATICROATIA - Villas and apartments for rent in Croatia Apartments Trogir Riviera

Trogir Riviera

Trogir is a remarkable example of urban continuity. The orthogonal street plan of this island settlement dates back to the Hellenistic period and it was embellished by successive rulers with many fine public and domestic buildings and fortifications. Its beautiful Romanesque churches are complemented by the outstanding Renaissance and Baroque buildings from the Venetian period.

Trogir is a town-museum in the very meaning of the word. Lovers of cultural and historical monuments, art, original architecture and nice alleys are given the opportunity in Trogir to learn about the manifold and complex heritage - from the Romanesque yard to the modern interiors. The unique historical core, Radovan's portal, the art collections which have been arousing excitement among visitors and travellers for centuries offer a tourist beauty, personified in the relief of Kairos as an appropriate souvenir. The wider surroundings of Trogir (Trogir - Seget - Ciovo Riviera) is characterized by lavish green vegetation, numerous islands and islets, rocky and pebble beaches. Apart from the high quality accommodation - hotels, boarding houses, apartments, campsites, delicious domestic food, fish dishes in par-ticular, the sports and recreation offer includes many opportunities - tennis, boccia, bowling, jogging, surfing school, diving. Entertainment includes lively fishermen's nights and folklore show but also classical music concerts in special scenic sets of the town.

Trogir ACI Marina has 200 berths in the sea and 80 places on the land TROGIR, a town and harbour on the coastal strip of the Kastela Gulf, 27 km west of Split. The old core is situated on a small island between the island of Ciovo and the mainland; connected with the mainland by a small stone bridge, and with the island of Ciovo by a drawbridge. The town spreads to the northern coast of Ciovo, opposite the small island. Chief occupations include shipbuilding, tobacco, pharmaceuticals and tourist trade. Trogir lies on the main road (M2, E65). Split Airport is in nearby Resnik. Trogir Marina is situated on the northern coast of the Ciovo island, between the bridge of Trogir and Cape Cubrijan.

SEGET

SEGET DONJI, a village 2 km west of Trogir. Chief occupations include farming, viniculture, fruit growing and tourism. Seget Donji is situated on the main road (M2, E65).

The citadel of a quadrangular ground-plan, with corner towers, was built by a nobleman from Trogir, Jakov Rotundo, in 1564. The Baroque parish church from 1758 keeps a Gothic painted cross from the 14th century and a wooden triptych, a work by Blaz Juraj Trogiranin (Blaise George of Trogir). - In Gornji Seget, 5 km from Seget Donji, there are several mediaeval slabs and stelae around the small church of St. Vitus (12th-13th c.). A Renaissance square tower (from 1516), of the Trogir family Statilic, rises in the field between Seget and Trogir. St. Elias Hill, 2 km from Seget, has stone pits in which white stone has been excavated from the Roman times up to the present.

MARINA

MARINA, a village and small harbour in the interior part of the Marina bay, 12 km west of Trogir. The coasts of the Marina bay are very well indented, with a number of small coves with sand and pebble beaches. Marina is located on the main road (M2, E65). Small yachts may dock within the small harbour and are protected from all winds; larger yachts may dock at the end of the bay, southeast of the chapel and south of the Plokata hill.

The settlement was planned in the 16th century. In the period 1495-1500 the bishops of Trogir built a quadrangular tower on the islet in the bay. The tower has console battlements (the channel between the mainland and the tower was filled up and levelled at the beginning of the 20th c.); the structure was repaired during the Candian war in 1657 and 1717; reconstructed in 1971/1972. The church of St. John has Gothic and Renaissance elements. In the field close to the village there is a small Gothic church of St. Luke with the coat of arms of the Sobota family. Agana Marina in Marina has 140 berths in the sea and 100 places on the land.

VINISCE

VINISCE, a village and small harbour 12 km southwest of Trogir. Chief occupations are farming, fishing and tourism. The coastal strip near the village provides opportunities for underwater fishing, and is distinguished by attractive inlets with sandy and pebble beaches (Vinisce, Voluja, Ricevo Velo, Stari Trogir, Sicenica). Vinisce lies on the branching road of the main road.

CIOVO

CIOVO, an island in the central Dalmatian archipelago; area 28.8 sq km (length 15.3 km, width up to 3.5 km); population 6,071; highest peak Rudine (218 m). In the east, Ciovo is about 2 km away from the mainland (Cape Marjan); in the north-west it is connected with the mainland by a bascule bridge (in Trogir). The island of Ciovo actually encloses the Kastela Gulf. Annual rainfall is about 900 mm. The southern side of the island is exposed to the sirocco, however it is protected from the bora, in contrast to the northern coast (protected from the sirocco but exposed to the bora). There are no surface water streams. Brackish water occurs in Slatine, Saldun and near Sveti Kriz. There are also several caves, the most prominent being Bilosaj and Anicina Jama (Annie's Pit).

The vegetation is typically Mediterranean, consisting chiefly in underbrush (holm oak, myrtle, wormwood, juniper etc.), especially between Okrug Gornji and Okrug Donji. On the northern side of the island are forests of pine and cypress (particularly on the way from Trogir to Arbanija). Major crops include olives, figs, almonds, vines and citrus fruit. Apart from a part of the town of Trogir, there are several villages: Arbanija, Zedno, Okrug Gornji, Okrug Donji, and the hamlets of Slatine and Prizidnica. On the western part of the island are sand and pebble beaches, the largest being those in the Saldun bay. Smaller coves include Duga, Tatinja and Movarstica. Along the south-western coast are several smaller islands (Sveta Fumija, Kraljevac, Galerija, etc.); their cliffs provide good opportunities for underwater fishing. On the eastern side of the island are smaller beaches, around Slatine and the Supetar Cove.

The Latin name of the island (Bua, Boa, Bavo, Bubus) is probably of Illyrian origin. The Slavic name of Ciovo is related with the name of the eastern cape of the island of Caput Jovis. In the Middle Ages, Ciovo had a number of villages, hermits' abodes and leprosaria. Traces of the pre-Romanesque church of St. Peter have been found near Slatine, in the Supetar cove. The mediaeval church of St. Maurice has been preserved in Zedno. In Ciovo is also the pre-Romanesque church of Our Lady near the Sea. The population of Ciovo increased in the 15th century through the settlement of refugees who fled from the Turks. Simultaneously, the suburban areas of Trogir also extended on Ciovo.

The church and the Dominican monastery of the Holy Cross (5 km from Trogir) were built in the 15th century by the masters Ivan Drakanovic and Nikola Mladinov. The mo-n-ast-ery features a nice cloister; the polychrome vault of the dining room has been preserved, as well as the paintings by Matija Poncun and other. The Franciscan mo-nastery of St. Anthony keeps a painting by Palma the Younger and a sculpture of St. Magdalene by Ivan Duknovic. Along the coast is the church of St. Jerome. On the eastern part of the island is the hermitage church of Our Lady of Prizidnica the painted Gothic crucifix and the Byzantine icon are now ke--pt at the parish church in Slatine. Along the south-western side of Ciovo is a small island called Fumija, with the remains of the late antique or early mediaeval church of St. Fumija and farm buildings of the Benedictine monks from Trogir.

The island is actually an extension of Trogir but also a kind of breakwater for the Kastela Gulf. Along with vacation opportunities, Ciovo also offers a number of tourist attractions and historical monuments. Additional visitor opportunities are provided in the nearby towns of Trogir and Split.

Accommodation facilities are provided in Arbanija, Donji and Gornji Okrug, Ciovo and Slatine ......

CIOVO - SLATINE

SLATINE, a hamlet and small harbour on the northern coast of the island of Ciovo, 7 km southeast of Trogir. Chief occupations are olive growing and fishing. Slatine is situated on the local road.

The parish church of the Assumption from 1650 has a painted Gothic cross and a Byzantine icon, and the traces of the pre-Romanesque church of St. Peter can be found in the Supetar cove.

  Rental suite's code Apartments SLEEPS Distance to sea Distance to center
0074 TG-VIN 0074 2 7+1 100m 200m
0172 TG-ARB 0172 6 12+9 200m 250m
0134 TG-TRO 0134 4 8+7 50m 500m
0121 TG-TRO 0121 1 4+1 150m 2000m
0054 TG-SEG 0054 1 9+3 100m 100m
0005 TG-OKR 0005 2 12+2 60m 1500m
0104 TG-OKR 0104 2 6+3 100m 1500m
0045 TG-OKR 0045 2 8+1 25m 1500m
0103 TG-SEG 0103 3 6+4 500m 900m
0010 TG-OKR 0010 2 14+1 100m 1000m
0026 TG-VIN 0026 4 8+8 10m 50m